OptoFidelity has introduced an automated Windows HCK Test System in order to streamline the self-test submission model for the Windows 8.1 touch device and precision touchpad (PTP) certification program introduced earlier in 2014. Windows Hardware Partners can now conduct touch devices and precision touchpads certification testing using the automated system from OptoFidelity instead of solely relying on manual PT3 test rig.
As a Microsoft partner, OptoFidelity offers Windows HCK Test Automation to speed up self-test process phase. The core element of automated Windows HCK Test System is OptoFidelity Touch&Test platform. This platform enables the use of robot automation system for Windows HCK and touch panel testing.
“Devices that pass the Windows HCK tests will provide customers with an optimal touch interaction experience in Windows and Windows Store Apps,” said Jeff Piira, Quality Manager for Windows Interaction Platform at Microsoft. “OptoFidelity’s HCK Test Automation provides a way to run these tests automatically and with more consistent results. With the Windows ecosystem growing so quickly we’re pleased to see this innovation from OptoFidelity.”
Key features of OptoFidelity Automated Windows HCK Test System:
- Industrial robot setup with safety screening
- Integrated high-resolution camera for alignment
- One-finger actuator
- Two-finger actuator (converge/semantic zoom tests) and multi-finger actuator tools (3 pcs)
- Device-under-test mounting hardware
- Control computer
OptoFidelity HCK Test Automation brings several benefits for product development:
- You can automate and speed up in-house testing and product launch.
- You can eliminate operator error and guarantee high quality certification results and product quality thanks to repeatable, consistent results.
- Since OptoFidelity Touch panel performance test system is based on the same Microsoft hardware performance specification, you can use the system for several purposes from sensor to touch panel testing from the beginning of R&D phase.
- When you start testing at the early state of the R&D phase, you can detect failures well before final certification testing. Testing during the whole R&D period helps you also to confirm the performance of the product before finalization.
Phone; +358 44 430 0100